The Culture of Confusing.
Ignorance, a state you can find yourself in in a way or another. Supposedly it is not a shame not to know something at a certain moment, because you know, no one knows everything.
But...
In Egypt things go a bit different. If at a moment you said the unthinkable phrase "I don't know", people think that you are like the rest of the idiots in this world. I really don't know why.
The old people said: "Those who said I don't know are those who said it all". Though not what I want to discuss at the moment. There is something I really want to clarify my mind about.
I was in a journey to Ismailia (a city in the middle of Suez Canal) to visit my cousin. When I wanted to get back I preferred to take a bus to Cairo.
After buying my ticket, I asked some people who worked in the bus station if the bus was the one departing at that time? Instead of answering my question, he asked me what is my number in the bus. Confusing isn't it? Instead of answering his confusing question, I just repeated my question several times till he said with an annoyed manner, "I don't know".
I sometimes like to watch to some political talk shows and some political statements in the news regarding certain matters. I really laugh sometimes. You know, usually you are supposed to tackle certain points in your speech. The basic points which the matter is controversial for. Still, in Egypt, they just ignore the whole important (and of course embarrassing points) completely, or just talk and talk in a manner which proves that there is no single sign that they know what they are talking about. Just like that bus station clerk I mentioned.
It is not a shame people, it makes things go easy.











:D
ReplyDeletee7na mesh 7aywadeena fe dahia gheer el smart talk to evase every issue we'd choose not to talk about or we have no idea about..
elmasry fahlawi..may7ebesh ye2ool ma3rafsh..
ma3a en man qal la a3lam faqad afta..we7na nmoot fel fatey :D :D
great post..witty idea;)
Yea really annoying.
ReplyDeleteThanks :)